Want to refresh your clinical knowledge while having fun? Join us at our exciting 60-minute Retina Jeopardy! at the Congress Party on November 19, 2022! Great prizes will be given for the three teams that score the most!
Young ophthalmologists in all subspecialties are welcome to team up and join the game! Interested parties can fill out the application form and return it to the APVRS Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 6, 2022 (Sunday)! All successfully enrolled contestants will be entitled to tickets to the Congress Party. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our scientific program committee co-chair, Dr. Wei-Chi Wu or the APVRS Secretariat.
GUIDELINES AND RULES
1. Contestant Eligibility
- 1.1 Contestants must:
- ● Be ophthalmologists (all subspecialties are welcome!)
- ● Are current residents/fellows or have completed their fellowship or residency within the past 10 years
● Agree to attend the APVRS 2022 Taipei in person
- ● Agree to attend the competition in person
- 1.2 Contestants must participate in a team of 2 – 4.
2. Competition Rules
- 2.1 Retina Jeopardy will be held at the Congress Party on November 19, 2022 (Sat)
- 2.2 There are 2 rounds of competition – Elimination Round and Final Round
- 2.3 Elimination Round (15 min)
- – There are 10 Multiple Choice questions in Elimination Round.
- – Contestants will be answering questions on “Kahoot” based platform which can be accessed through laptop/cellphone/tablets with internet capability. An electronic device can be provided on demand.
- – Each team will have 25 seconds to answer each question.
- – The score will be based on speed and accuracy.
- – The three teams with the highest scores will enter the Final Round.
- 2.4 Final Round (30 min)
- – There are 5 categories and 5 questions under each category in the Final Round.
- – The three final teams take turns choosing a category and a question in that category associated with a specific score (100, 200, 300, 400, 500).
- – After the question is displayed on the monitor for 25 seconds, teams can buzz in and answer.
- – Each team will have to answer each selected question within 5 seconds after they buzz in. Teammates must collaborate before giving the answer.
- ● If the answer is correct, the team earns the score the question was worth. The teams can tally their point totals
- ● If the answer is incorrect, the question stays up on the board
- – To allow each team more opportunities to participate after the answer is given, whether correct or incorrect, it is the next team’s turn.
- – The game continues until all scores under each category have been chosen and questions have been correctly answered.
- – The team with the most points wins!
- 3.1 All successfully enrolled contestants will be entitled to tickets to the Congress Party.
- 3.2 The three teams with the most points in the Final Round will receive awards at the award ceremony immediately afterward.
- 4.1 Deadline for application: November 6, 2022 (Sun)
- 4.2 Successful teams will be notified in the second week of November. Enrolled contestants may be required to attend briefing sessions before the 2 rounds of competitions. More details will be provided in due course.