The modern face of Taipei shines through with its glass and steel skyscrapers, wide boulevards, and the world’s tallest building, Taipei 101. Taipei boasts dozens of world-class performance venues, where you can enjoy world-class theater and concert events. The city also offers a wide range of other diversions – shopping malls, nightclubs, live-music bars, quality hotels, and exotic restaurants. In addition, Taipei is a paradise for gourmets to taste the varied delicate and delicious cuisines, such as local snacks, Hakka dishes, Chinese cuisines, and unique aboriginal foods. Gourmets may try the foods with local flavors in the night markets and have exquisite dining in five-star hotels. It is absolutely a place that tourists may not want to miss.
[wp_colorbox_media url=”#CLIMATE” title=”CLIMATE & CLOTHING” type=”inline” hyperlink=”CLIMATE & CLOTHING”]
[wp_colorbox_media url=”#TIME” title=”TIME ZONE” type=”inline” hyperlink=”TIME ZONE”]
[wp_colorbox_media url=”#ELECTRICITY” title=”ELECTRICITY” type=”inline” hyperlink=”ELECTRICITY”]
[wp_colorbox_media url=”#MONEY” title=”MONEY MATTERS” type=”inline” hyperlink=”MONEY MATTERS”]
[wp_colorbox_media url=”#TIPPING” title=”TIPPING & BARGAINING” type=”inline” hyperlink=”TIPPING & BARGAINING”]
[wp_colorbox_media url=”#VAT” title=”VAT REFUND REQUIREMENTS” type=”inline” hyperlink=”VAT REFUND REQUIREMENTS”]
|Emergency Numbers (Free Service): Police||110|
|Emergency Numbers (Free Service): Fire & Ambulance||119|
|English-language Directory Assistance||106|
|Tourist Information Hotline||(886) 2-2717-3737|
|24-Hour Toll-Free Travel Information Call Center||0800-011-765|
|International Community Service Hotline||0800-024-111|
|Ministry of Foreign Affairs||(886) 2-2348-2999|
More information at
- Tourism Bureau: https://eng.taiwan.net.tw/
- Travel Taipei: https://www.travel.taipei/en
- Tourist Map: https://map.taiwan.net.tw/gmap/?lang=2
Taipei uses electric current of 110 volts at 60 cycles, appliances from Europe, Australia or South-East Asia will need an adaptor or transformer.
VAT REFUND REQUIREMENTS:
- Foreign travelers holding non-ROC passports, ROC passports withoutregistered household, or a re-entry permit.
- Foreign travelers who make purchases of at least NT$3,000 (USD100) onthe same day from the same Tax Refund Shopping (TRS)-posted store, are eligible for a refund of the 5% VAT paid on those purchased goods. To claim the refund, they must apply at the port of their departure from Chinese Taipei within 30 days following the date of purchase, and they must take the purchased goods out of the country with them.